Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply between you – the User of www.apparentlykids.co.uk (this ‘Website’) (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Apparently Kids Limited (“Apparently”) – the owner and operator of this Website (together ‘the parties’). Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions:
‘Content’ means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website or any Publication.
‘Professionals’ means the ante and post-natal professionals whose services are advertised on the Website;
‘Publication(s)’ means any website or other electronic medium including, but not limited to, e-mail communications, newsletters, blogs, social media posts, and alerts owned, operated or controlled by Apparently.
‘Services’ means the services provided by the Professionals;
‘User(s)’ means any party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Apparently and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Apparently and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
- This Website is operated and owned by Apparently Kids Limited, a company registered in England (registered number 12400460) whose registered office is at 172 Astonville Street, London, England, SW18 5AG. For enquiries, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Using our Website
- You must be at least 16 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 16 years of age.
- We advertise the services of ante and postnatal Professionals on our Website. You may contact these Professionals via our online request form.
- Where you decide to use the services of any Professionals contacted via the Website, you enter into a contract directly with that professional on their terms and conditions. A contract will be formed on confirmation and payment being made to the Professional. Apparently acts as an agent for the Professionals and does not enter into any contract with you for the Services.
- We use reasonable endeavours to check the quality and suitability of the Professionals prior to advertising them on the Website, however we recommend you make your own judgement of personal suitability on contacting each Professional.
- Where possible, we endeavour to provide prices for the services advertised on the Website. Such prices are indicative only and are subject to change based on your specific requirements. You should discuss those requirements with the professionals that you contact who will confirm the final price prior to confirming a booking.
- Where you wish to book any of the Services, confirmation and payment should be made directly to the Professional. Apparently does not take payment on behalf of the Professionals.
- Where you have any difficulty with the Services and wish to complain, please contact us at [email@example.com] or contact your Professional directly. We will endeavour to find a resolution between you and the Professional or refer you to a resource that can.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, is the property of Apparently, our Professionals, or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge and agree that the Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark, or any Content, displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission.
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- print one copy of the Content
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Apparently.
- You may not use the Website, any Publication, or any Content for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, or governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Apparently or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of, or reliance upon, them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves, or the content of those sites, or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any information or Publication that Apparently makes available to Users is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on the Website and in any Publication, we give no warranty that such information will be available at all, available as advertised, or free of defects, errors, and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Apparently is under no obligation to update information on the Website or in any Publication.
- Whilst Apparently uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website and any Publication is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guarantee in that regard and all Users accept and agree that they must take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Apparently accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website or any Publication.
- Apparently reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available or otherwise advertised on the Website. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- Users acknowledge and accept that access to the Website and any Publication is free of charge to Users and is designed to provide information which Users may find useful or of interest or benefit to them. By providing this service and permitting access to the Website, we do not, however, provide any advice in relation to the Content of the Website or any other Publication and no reliance should be placed by Users on the information provided.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We do not accept any liability for any Services that you book following a referral from the Website.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the parties agree and accept that Apparently accepts no liability for any of the following:
- Any business or personal, direct or indirect/concomitant losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill, commercial opportunities, opportunity, or enjoyment;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software; and/or
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website and any Publication from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- Users agree and accept that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, and to the extent permissible by law, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of England and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 25 October 2020.